Effective 24 May 2018
Formica Group respects the privacy of visitors to its websites and other individuals whose personal information we use.
This Formica Group Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) sets out the privacy practices of Formica Group, its subsidiaries, affiliates and companies - listed here, each of whom are independent data controllers (“Formica”, “us” or “we”).
We provide this Privacy Notice, to demonstrate our commitment to protect your privacy. We reserve the right to update the Privacy Notice at any time, without notice. We encourage you to visit this page periodically and review the then current version.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please use the “contact us” section below.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
The Information Collected by Formica
A) Information that you provide voluntarily
B) Information that we collect automatically
C) Information that we obtain from third party sources
The Way Formica Uses your Information
Who Formica shares your personal information with
Your Privacy Rights and choices
Third Party Practices
Sending Personally Identifying Information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information relating to EEA individuals
Personal information means information that identifies you or allows us to contact you, like your name or email address. The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Certain parts of our website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit inquiries to us. We may also ask you to provide feedback or a testimonial which we may display on our website or in other promotional materials, with your agreement. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We may collect and store personal information, such as your name, e-mail address and phone number to respond to questions, and to process or fill orders or requests. We may use this information to provide goods and services that you request and to let you know of additional goods and services about which you might be interested. We also use this information to customize your experience using our website.
We may also retain transaction and experience information, such as information about your transactions with us, as well as information about our communications with you. Examples include your account history, requests for information and our responses. We may match user information we collect with other data available from other sources in order to carry out our business and to provide our goods and services and to conduct advertising and promotions more effectively.
For product or service orders, Formica may need additional information in order to process or to fulfill your order or request. Except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice, Formica will not share your personal information with third parties without your permission, except as otherwise necessary to (i) process or fulfill your order, (ii) respond to your request or answer your enquiries, or (iii) comply with any applicable law, court order or other judicial process.
Formica may use one or more third party payment processors to facilitate product ordering and payment. Formica may not gather your personal information when you arrange payment through one of these processors. Rather, that information is gathered, stored and processed by the third party payment processor. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party payment processors protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We will disclose on the website when you are using a third party payment processor’s services.
We may ask you for personally-identifying information at other times, such as if and when you communicate with us, or request that we communicate with you.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Union and/or European Economic Area (“EU/EEA”), this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, and what content on our website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further in our Cookies Notice.
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including from companies that provide marketing lead information), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include your name and contact information and we use the information we receive from these third parties to provide you with information about our products and services, our industry insights and other direct marketing purposes.
We use the information collected about you for a variety of reasons, including for the following purposes, as applicable:
- To respond to your requests or provide you with information requested by you.
- To communicate with you about updates to Formica's services.
- To provide, support, personalize, maintain and enhance the services.
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies.
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior and criminal activity.
- To allow businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with, who may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the services (either alone or jointly with us).
- For other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our services and to enhance, customize and improve our features, products and services.
- To perform other activities consistent with this Privacy Notice.
If you place a request for products or services, we use information to ship your order. If the products or services are from a retail partner, we may provide your relevant information to that retail partner for purposes of the transaction.
We rely upon third parties for important elements of our operations so we will provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and account information to these third parties so that they can do their job, such as service providers, financial service providers, and marketing companies that help us market our products. We will take appropriate steps to protect your information in these circumstances. These third parties may also have their own privacy policies but are not permitted to use the data for their own purposes.
We may also share the information we collect about you with third parties including retailers, credit card issuers and processors, banks and other financial institutions and government agencies.
During the normal course of doing business, Formica may share your information within the Formica Group as necessary in order to service your accounts or orders you place with us and for the other purposes set out above.
We may use your personal information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize the content, layout and services of our website.
We may use your information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests. We may ask you to voluntarily provide additional information regarding your personal or business interests, experience or requests, which we may use to customize our service for you.
We may use your e-mail address, your mailing address, and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, new product offerings and communications relevant to our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please contact us as indicated below in this Privacy Notice.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliated Companies. We may share personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (for example companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). We may also share information that is collected between websites that we, or our affiliates, control.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- Behavioral Advertisers. We may permit third party behavioral advertisers to use technology to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
- Potential Buyers. We may share your personal information if we sell all, or part, of our business, sell all, or part, of our business assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business acquisition.
- Any other parties to comply with a legal obligation; to protect the legal rights of (or otherwise participate in a legal process pertaining to) our company, our employees, our agents, our clients, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, or to protect against fraud; or with your consent.
We employ reasonable and current security methods to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information.
If you establish an account with us through this website, your account information and profile will be password-protected. It is recommended that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This is to help ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place where others may have access to it.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, for example on message boards, through e-mail or in chat areas that information can be collected and used by others. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
You can access the information that we collect online and maintain through normal updating methods. To update, correct or delete this information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the above, you may have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us here.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processingof your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us here.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us here.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 16 and we have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our website, and so we carry out the same Privacy Notice for individuals of all ages. If a child has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the information.
As Formica is multi-national group of companies, there are occasions where your personal information may be transmitted or shared outside of the EEA. Your personal information may be transmitted or shared outside of the EEA for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to, the purposes set out above.
Where personal information is sent, by Formica, outside of the EEA Formica shall take reasonable steps to ensure the transfer of such personal information is secure; and that adequate safeguards are put in place to ensure that it is processed securely when held outside of the EEA. If you would like more information about these adequate safeguards, please contact us on the details in the contact section below.
If you are a visitor from the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please Contact Us.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact email@example.com.